At Mazda, we love sharing the beautiful machines we craft with the world. But even more, we love building relationships with the people who help make it all possible. It’s why we have created the Clubhouse of Driving Passion. We are a team of passionate car fanatics with an incurable love affair with the road. We continually strive to challenge the status quo and make it our mission to put people, quality, and experiences before transactions. Ground-breaking technologies and our latest 7th
generation products are just the tip of the iceberg. If you possess an unwavering commitment to delivering service excellence and a strong desire to shatter industry stereotypes, Mazda Canada is looking for you.
Reporting to the National Manager, Digital Innovation, this position is responsible for leveraging marketing science tools and data to help plan Mazda Canada’s marketing campaigns, measure their effectiveness in market, perform post analysis and work with other internal stakeholders to model and forecast business opportunity. The position will also be responsible for managing the programmatic media partners and delivering regular reporting against digital media investment.
Essential Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Develop modeling and simulations and apply to marketing mix optimization, audience segmentation and target optimization
- Build forecasts and budgets based on historical data and engagement metrics
- Work directly with programmatic media partners to plan digital investments, set targets, develop digital media audiences, measure effectiveness
- Analyze data to generate graphics for use presentations
- Utilize proprietary research tools to retrieve various types of data (marketing, sales, web and mobile app, etc.)
- Act as primary day-to-day contact on insights and analytics to digital and traditional media managers and internal stakeholders
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required):
- Working with agency partners to recommend and build appropriate machine learning models to identify opportunities to unlock insights that drive conversion and engagement
- Use predictive modeling to improve service delivery, customer experience, and other business outcomes
- Create and upgrade data pipelines to enable accurate and timely reads on performance
- Bring new ideas to the data science practice and support the augmentation of the data science roadmap
Mazda Canada Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and upon request by the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or Applied Math is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience with 3+ years experience using Google Analytics 360
- Strong analytical skills; ability to process raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Expert understanding of Google Analytics (GA360 certification preferred)
- Knowledge of media industry research sources, such as Nielsen data or TV/online advertising data
- Experience with database tools (SQL, Oracle, and Access).
- Experience creating business intelligence reports/dashboards and conducting deep-dive data analysis
- Experience building automated and scalable reporting solutions to enable business users to efficiently consume data insights
- Thorough understanding of correlation and regression modelling
- Experience with the Salesforce suite of products an asset
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Google Marketing Platform considered an asset
- Automotive experience would be of strong asset for this job